What is product labeling?
Product Labeling is a key feature in marketing. It helps to market the product allowing customers to know about the item and give necessary messages including ingredients, instructions and uses.
Product labeling can be done in a variety of sizes, materials, and shapes. It plays a key role as a point of sale display on the market shelves. They can also communicate information about how to handle a product or how to dispose of it. You can use the labeling for security reasons so that a product should not be misused. It is for these purposes the labeling has the logo or the trademark of the company. All these are different types of uses of the label for a product in the world of business.
Importance of labeling in marketing
Marketers use labeling to their products to bring identification. This kind of labeling helps a viewer to differentiate the product from the rest in the shelves of the market. There are several used of the label for the products in the market.
Labeling is used for packaging the product. In marketing, a marketer can also use a sticker inedible products to impart knowledge of the ingredients of the food items. This helps to spread awareness among the customers about the item they are consuming and labeling also helps to mention ingredients.
What must you include in your label?
A label needs to comply with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA). This Act is required to give information to consumers, such as:
• The mandatory consumer product information standards under the CCA
• Industry specific regulations, such as the Food Standards Code
• Labels required by customs for some imported products under the Commerce (Trade Descriptions) Act.
Importance of labeling and packaging
Another main purpose of the use of labeling and packaging is to exaggerate the product. A marketer needs to grab the attention of a viewer to purchase the product. Labeling and packaging should be able to beautify a product to add to its visual appeal.
This can instantly grab a viewer’s attention towards a product. You can arouse interest in the mind of a customer towards a product through an attractively designed label. It is essential to use a good quality material for the sticker.
• The role of packaging and labeling has become quite significant as it helps to grab the attention of the audience.
• Labelling and packaging can be used by marketers to encourage potential buyers to purchase the product.
• Packaging is also used for convenience and information transmission. Packages and labels communicate how to use, transport, recycle or dispose of the package or product.
(4000Labels) | 2 Across
Zebra Barcode Printer